Do you have a pair of pole shorts that need a little pick me up? Give it a makeover! Adding side ties is a fun and sexy way to add some pizzazz and show a little more leg. This project is super quick and easy and doesn’t require a sewing machine.
For this project you will need:
- 1 pair of pole shorts
- needle + thread (similar color as shorts)
- scrap fabric, jersey fabric preferred (old t-shirt? if you cut up an old tshirt, use the sleeves, save the body for a future project, hint hint)
2) Center the fabric strips on the INSIDE of the side seam. Fold the fabric strip in at the bottom edge so that it’s neat and will add strength to the edge. Stitch down the center of the strip along the seam and 1/2″ on either side.
3) Thread a length of ribbon through as shown. The length of the ribbon really depends on how long you want your ties to be.
4) Trim and ribbon ends on an angle.
TA DA! There you have it! A pair of side tie shorts ready to be scrunched up and fit to be tied.
I hope that was helpful for you. If you have any questions,comments or any tips to add, please leave a comment below. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear from you. And if you liked this tutorial, please help spread the love by linking it on your facebook/blog/forum so others can benefit from it as well.
Also, if you have any ideas or requests for future DIY pole crafts, please send them over to me at email@example.com. Also check out the Live It Up Pole Fitness Facebook page!
Until next time, be sure to Live It Up!